Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY Toothbrush Sanitizing Rinse

 WHAT TO USE:
--2 tsp Baking Soda
--1 tsp Rubbing Alcohol - it's great for killing germs, however I'm only using a little bit of it, because I don't want to spray alcohol around too much. 
--1/2 cups Water
--20 drops Antimicrobial Essential Oil - again, the most potent antimicrobial oils are clove,cinnamonbay and thyme. (according to the study "Letters in Applied Microbilology" done by Smith-Palmer, Steward and Fyfe in 1998)


WHAT TO DO:
 I first dissolve baking soda in water very nicely to make sure there are no visible soda particles. I then add alcohol and essential oil, shake the bottle very well and that IS IT!


HOW TO USE IT:

I spray the sanitizer onto the brush bristles after each use, and just leave it until next use. The next time, before applying tooth paste/ powder onto the brush, I rinse it first to wash away the solution. Simple as that! And on the picture you can see that I store my spray together with the brush in the holder. And I keep my tooth powder balls in that cute blue container with butterfly on top;-))))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Colorful Mama Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting