Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY Herbal Intimate Wash Recipe

WHAT TO USE:
  • 1/3 cup Fragrance-free Liquid Castile Soap - I would use Dr. Bronner's baby mild one - it has pH level that is perfect for intimate hygiene products (well it's higher than necessary, but distilled water lowers it to the needed level)
  • 2/3 cup  Distilled Water - I use it because Castile soap needs to be diluted
  • one drop of Chamomile Essential Oil*** - has antibiotic properties and doesn't let biotic (due to bacteria, fungi, etc.) infections to develop (source)
***Essential oils are very highly concentrated plant material, therefore I only use 1-2 drops per one cup of wash. Women who are pregnant or nursing should exercise caution when using essential oils. You should apply small tests to the skin, because essential oils can cause allergic reactions. 
   

HOW TO MAKE IT:

I simply combine soap, water and essential oil in a bottle, and then store it in the shower. I try to be very careful when I use it, because it is much more liquid that usual Castile soap. And that's it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Colorful Mama Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting